Adolescent and Teen Counseling
Teenagers can be moody at the best of times, but do you feel your teen is lashing out against you, your spouse or their siblings a little too much?
Or maybe your child was the victim of a childish prank or social media post that went too far and caused harmful, emotional damage to them?
Or lastly, your teenage daughter is looking for someone with an outside perspective to talk with about her pregnancy?
Growing up in our complex society can be a confusing and challenging time for teens and adolescents. For some, the additional support counseling brings during this time of their life can move them past challenges which may cause them anxiety or depression. If you find any of the above three statements relating to your child’s life, you may want to consider adolescent and teen counseling.
Signs You Should Consider Adolescent and Teen Counselling For Your Child
- Your child has undergone significant changes in their behavior
- Your child has shown significant changes in their appearance
- Your child is having problems relating to their peers
- Your child seems distant
- Your child often complains of unexplained head or stomach aches
- Your child has undergone a significant change in their personality
- You find your child to be irritable, depressed, or anxious
- Your child asks to go to counseling
- You’ve run out of answers
- Your child has been though a traumatic event such as death, assault, or sexual assault
- Your child has been bullied
- Your child is involved in a pregnancy – they are pregnant or they have gotten someone pregnant
- Your child is struggling with their status as an LGBTQ teen
Adolescent and Teen Counseling can Help your Child
- Overcome depression and anxiety
- Learn valuable life coping techniques
- Build better peer relationships
- View their body in a more positive light – Body image issues
- Overcome eating disorders
- Improve self esteem
- Improve in school
- Have a better relationship with you and/or your spouse
- Get over being bullied
How We Approach Adolescence and Teen Counseling
Our staff understand that no two teen’s problems are the same and there is no time frame, schedule or rules that work for every teenager.
We take a client-centered-approach to care, dealing with each young man or woman as an individual, and focusing on the teen’s individual needs to provide them with a solution which will help them grow into happy adults.
Therapy Styles & Techniques our Staff are Familiar with Include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Insight Oriented Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Goal Setting
- Play Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Family Systems Models
- Applied Behavior Analysis
Our Therapists Can Help
To find out more about adolescent and teen counseling and determine if it’s right for your child, contact us to make an appointment.