Separation and Divorce Counseling
Are you trying to make sense of what went wrong with your marriage?
Or maybe, you’re trying to figure out the best way to speak to your kids about your separation and/or pending divorce?
Or lastly, perhaps you’re separated from your partner and holding out hope that there is a way to save your marriage?
With more than 50 per cent of marriages ending in divorce, wouldn’t it be nice to have someone who’s familiar with the process of moving on from a marriage and how to co-parent your children? Separation and divorce therapists are skilled in a variety of techniques to help you and/or your ex-spouse move on. If you find any of the above statements relating to your life, you may want to consider separation and divorce counseling.
Signs You Should Consider Separation and Divorce Counseling
- You’re going through a separation or divorce
- You’re having trouble making sense of what has happened and why it happened
- You’re looking for help to move on from a past relationship
- You’re having troubles talking to your children about the separation or divorce
- You’re looking for outside help to keep things civil between you and your ex-spouse
- Your children need someone to talk to
Separation and Divorce Counseling Can Help You
- Figure out what went wrong with your marriage and if there is any way to save your marriage
- Connect with your children and guide them through this troubling time
- Learn how to co-parent
- Move on from the marriage
- Discover how to have a healthy and civil relationship again with your ex-spouse
How We Approach Separation and Divorce Counseling
Our staff understand that every marriage is unique in its own way and that most marriages will have some troubles from time-to-time.
We take a client-centered approach to assist people and couples in understanding their complex relationships, as well as assist in helping determine where stress exists in the relationship. We deal with each couple as an individual case, and focusing on what needs to be done to repair the marriage or, in some cases, move on from the marriage.
Therapy styles & Techniques our staff are familiar with include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Insight Oriented Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Goal Setting
- Play Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Family Systems Models
- Applied Behavior Analysis
To find out more about divorce and separation counseling and determine if it’s right for you, send us a message.