Life Transitions Counseling
Do you feel like you’re stuck at a crossroads in life and aren’t sure what your next step should be?
Or maybe, you’ve had a relationship come to an abrupt end and need help transitioning into a new phase of your life?
Or maybe, you’ve lost your job and you’re struggling to move on to a new career?
Everyone encounters transitions in life, whether it’s going from high school to college, college to the “real world” or moving on from that relationship you thought would last forever. If you find any of the above statements relating to your life, you may want to consider life transitions counseling. Life transitions counseling provides you with someone to talk with to help make sense of what is going on, so you can transition effectively into that next stage of your life.
Signs You Should Consider Life Transitions Counseling
- Your life has taken an unexpected turn, such as job loss, relationship ending, family grievance or a change in living accommodation
- You are struggling to make sense of a life event you first viewed as a “happy” event
- You feel as though you have moved on from a part of your life that used to bring you happiness and joy
- You are looking for help moving into that next phase of your life
Life Transitions Counseling Can Help You
- Understand how change has impacted you emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Sort out the difficult feelings you are going through, as you transition into your new phase of life
- Realize your strengths and the resources you have around you to overcome the challenges you’re facing
- Find your “safe place” in the midst of chaos
- Become more self-aware of all aspects of your experience, such as, your thoughts, feelings, perceptions, hopes, memories, dreams and expectations
- Discover a new “you”, as you accept the ending of one part of your life and turn towards the next chapter
- Explore how a life transition may impact the people around you, such as friends, partners and loved ones
How We Approach Life Transitions Counseling
Our staff understand that life is fluid and changing all the time.
We take a client-centered approach to care, dealing with each person as an individual, and focusing on a person’s individual needs to provide them with a solution, which will help them either get back on the path they were on or assist them in finding a new path.
Therapy styles & Techniques our staff are familiar with include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Insight Oriented Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Goal Setting
- Play Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Family Systems Models
- Applied Behavior Analysis
To find out more about life transitions counseling and determine if it’s right for you, send us a message.