Grief and Loss Counseling
Have you recently lost a loved one and you’re struggling to connect with the people in your life?
Or maybe you’ve had a major change in your life such as being fired from your job or being kicked out of your house.
Or lastly, maybe you’ve been involved in a traumatic event like a car accident and you believe it was all your fault?
Everyone goes through times in their life when they feel like they could have done something differently. Feeling grief is normal and there is no set time frame for a person to move on once they’ve experienced irreversible changes to their life. If you find any of the above three statements relating to your life, you may want to consider grief and loss counseling.
Signs You Should Consider Grief and Loss Counseling
- You have uncontrollable feelings of sadness, anger or hopelessness
- You don’t want to do the activities that you used to love doing
- You abuse drugs or alcohol on a regular basis – likely to escape something
- You have unexplained headaches, stomach-aches or other signs of stress
- Friends or co-workers have let you know they are concerned about your emotional and mental health
- You just don’t feel right
- You have recently suffered a loss or death of a loved one
- You have under gone a big change in your life such as job loss, housing loss or a relationship loss
Grief and loss Counseling Can Help
- Deal the death of a loved one or family member
- Deal with the ending of a relationship
- Deal with the loss of a job, house or other major change in your life
- Identify, acknowledge and understand your feelings – become more self aware
- Make sense of the new direction your life is heading
- With that feeling that, “It’s all my fault”
- Teach you valuable coping skills to deal with your grief or loss
How We Approach Grief and Loss Counseling
Our staff understand that there is no time frame for a person to get over change or loss.
We take a client-centered-approach to care, dealing with each person as an individual, and focusing on a person’s individual needs to provide them with a solution which will help them move on.
Therapy Styles & Techniques our Staff are Familiar with Include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Insight Oriented Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Goal Setting
- Play Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Family Systems Models
- Applied Behavior Analysis
To find out more about grief and loss counseling and determine if it’s right for you, contact us to make an appointment.